Client: Derwent Valley Holding
Location: Hammersmith, London
Hythe House was a very tired 1940’s institutional building. In order to create a modern Category A office building, a courtyard was formed by infilling between the building’s existing rear wings and adding a glass pavilion to the upper roof. These elements improved circulation, greatly increased the rentable area of the building and also flooded daylight deep into the plan which, in turn, benefitted the quality of the floor pates with a commensurate uplift in rentable value.